Board Meeting Minutes, 2 May 2016

Board Members in Attendance

  • Heather Maddox, President
  • Dennis Schulte, Director
  • Elliot Wild, Secretary
  • Matt Keally, Director
  • Manuel Torres, Treasurer

Also in attendance: N/A

Old Business

  • Website. The Board decided to hold off on doing a demo of the website until all Board members were present.  Access –who resets/approves users? The Board had a lengthy discussion concerning security of the site.
  • Parking Registration Form.  The Board examined and discussed an online form Heather had put together. The form appeared very well put together. The Board debated the need for such a form and how the community may receive such a form.
  • Tree replacement/health bids. Manuel shared that we had approximately $6,000 left for tree maintenance. And $1,200 for tree removal. The Care of Trees quoted $980 to remove two troubled trees behind Mike’s house. The Board will explore the possibility of JL removing them and also taking care of the logs they left behind from the last work they did.  The Board voted 3-1 in favor of fertilizing the three large oaks lining the entrance to the community at a cost of $425.
  • Winter Weather Service. The Board voted unanimously to hire Frontier as the provider for snow removal service.
  • Parking lot resealing bids/concrete work-assigned to Elliot. Dennis did some research, and it seems like grinding and milling parking lots is typically only done about every 15 years. Our last milling was done around 2008-9. Elliot will still get a sealing quote from ProPave and at least one other competitor.
  • Cluster Cleanup Follow-up. The Board discussed the success of the spring cluster cleanup and the excellent job done by the social committee.  The Board also discussed the supplies owned by the Board, and that there were not enough out in circulation to bother creating a tracking spreadsheet. Heather put together a shopping list in an effort to streamline the shopping for future Board/Social Committee members.
  • Erosion control-look at areas and revisit in fall. The Board also discussed things which could be done to proactively mitigate erosion, such as trimming low limbs on trees near erosion sites.
  • The Board discussed how frequently registration tags should be checked in the community and how that should be handled.
  • A resident requested the Board conduct an audit. The Board discussed the possibility and how much it might cost. The Board agreed that this was worthy of pricing CPAs and considering at a future meeting.
  • Tree Replacement.  The Board agreed to consider bids from multiple tree replacement services. RA requires Wheelwright to replace 8 trees. The Board will vote via email.
  • Intuit- Financials. Intuit has indicated they will begin charging a monthly fee to the Cluster. Manuel and the Board are going to look into other services.
  • Dennis suggested we discuss cords and buried cords at the next meeting. Heather shared that she spoke with Comcast, and that they have already been the community and will be working to rectify the unburied cord situation.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Monday, June 6 th , 2016, at 8:00pm at Elliot’s at 2274 Wheelwright Ct.

Board Meeting Minutes, 4 April 2016

Board Members in attendance:

  • Heather Maddox, President
  • Karen Reese, Vice President
  • Dennis Schulte, Director
  • Elliot Wild, Secretary
  • Matt Keally, Director
  • Manuel Torres, Treasurer

Also in attendance:

  • Genelle McDonald 2217

New Business

  • Yard Sale: the Board is not officially sponsoring. There is no appropriate line item to financially support it. The date will be April 16th, with the 30th as a rain date.
  • On the agenda for next meeting: further tree replacement discussion. Heather had repeated discussions with Merrifield Gardens. The planted trees will do better if planted in the fall.
  • The Board will walk around the morning of the Cluster Cleanup to look at tree replacement. The cleanup will be at 9:00am, and the tree replacement walkaround will be at 10:00am.
  • Elliot met with ProPave, they recommended not sealing, and waiting a year or two to grind and pave. He will gather a quote from them, and get a quote from at least one more company. Push for a reduced price on individual unit work.
  • Cluster cleanup:
    1. Elliot will look in his shed for the stain for the last bench.
    2. Transplant several plants away from the trees.
    3. Cautiously dig up grass around the trees and cover with mulch.
    4. Trash pick up.
    5. Mailbox cleanup
    6. Tot lot graffiti
  • Website
    1. Access problems?
    2. Create anonymous feedback form? Matt said that would be good to go.o
    3. At the next meeting, Matt will give us a short demo.
  • Genelle brought up the idea of an off-lease dog area. Heather will begin to explore with our lawyer.
  • Genelle also brought up the desire to coalesce cluster concrete work with individual property work to save funds.
  • Logs in the woods: Karen will advertize the logs on craigslist
  • Kerry and Mike’s trees: Heather will contact the Care of Trees.
  • The Board unanimously approved a motion that requests and communication to the cluster be put in writing to the full Board, copying the cluster email, and that the Wheelwrighter should be sent to the Board ahead of time.
  • Elliot will collect the credit card from Bill and deliver to Manuel.

Next Meeting

The Board will reconvene at Monday, May 2 nd , 8:00pm at Elliot’s house, 2274

 

Cluster Event Survey

Dear Cluster Residents,

To assist our Social Committee, please answer the survey below:

Create your own user feedback survey

Board Meeting Minutes, 4 March 2016

Attendance

  • Heather Maddox
  • Karen Reese
  • Dennis Schulte
  • Elliot Wild
  • Manuel Torres

Also in attendance: N/A

New Business

  • Snow Removal: Heather shared several bids which she collected.  Discussion will continue in future meetings since there is plenty of time to decide.
  • Tree Replacement.  Heather shared bids collected for tree replacement.  The board voted and agreed to hire Merrifield Gardens for $50 to meet with the board for a walk around.  This fee will be applied as a credit if Merrifield is selected.
  • Landscaping.  The board discussed five bids and approved Heather to pursue a contract with Frontier Landscaping.  Frontier’s bid was approximately $2000 less than the current landscaper.
  • Yard Sale: April 16th, one week before the cluster cleanup.
  • A website instruction will be presented at the next meeting.

Old Business

  • The cluster cleanup will be discussed at the next meeting.

The next meeting will be April 4th at 7:30 PM.

Board Meeting Minutes, 1 February 2016

Board Members in attendance:

  • Heather Maddox, President
  • Karen Reese, Vice President
  • Elliot Wild, Secretary
  • Matt Keally, Director
  • Manuel Torres, Treasurer

Also in attendance:

  • N/A

Old Business

  1. Tree Removal/stump grinding: Karen will reach out to follow up on the unfinished tree work, namely the large sections in the front of the cluster which have not been removed.  Investigation of tree behind 2221 which had been discussed for removal.
  2. Tree Replacements: Heather gathered tree bids from two locations, with a third expected to submit soon.
  3. Cluster records, file sorting gathering date is set for March 4th at Heather’s, at 6pm.
  4. Inventory of contracts/accounts:
    • Snow removal is good until April
    • Towing- status unclear
    • Lawn/tree bids
  5. Snow bids: Heather will collect bids and put together a spreadsheet.
  6. Parking lot resealing: Elliot left messages and has yet to hear back and get bids.
  7. Sidewalk work: Elliot left messages and has yet to hear back and get bids.
  8. Communication: Discussion of a lesson to the board on website posts.  Karen is currently in charge of Facebook maintenance.  Lastly, the board discussed posting message boards on the mailboxes to announce cluster events.
  9. Increasing neighborhood involvement: provide announcements via social media and the website.  Also, the board discussed establishing several committees: welcome, social, yard sale (Ruth and Christine?), neighborhood watch (Elliot will speak to potential candidates), and parking (Elliot will speak to potential candidates).

New Business

  1. Snow removal feedback: Some upper cluster residents expressed disappointment with the plow service.  Discussion of purchasing a cluster snowblower.
  2. Cluster cleanup tentative date April 23rd.
  3. Next meeting will be on March 4th, following the file sorting meeting, which will begin at 6:00pm. The meeting will be at Heathers, at 2252.

Trash and Recycling, 15 February

A word from CSI, who provides our trash and recycling service:

At this point in time the collection crews are being pulled in due to the deteriorating road conditions.  The collection crews did their best to service all stops that they could get to safely.  Please alert residents that all trash and recycling will be collected on their next regularly scheduled collection day.   Thank you all for your patience!